Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Reasons

Hey.

I know we haven't seen each other, or even talked, in a long time.
Despite all the lies, I've been doing a alot of thinking lately and I want you to know that I miss you.

Not like "I regret what happened" or even "I want to see you again."

I just missed you.

Because its so fucking strange to think that someone I used to know and love so dearly, is now a total stranger.

Most of the time, I let myself forget... simply because it's easier and it hurts a lot lesser. But forgetting you entire is close to impossible; especially when an old letter or a picture of us, slipped in the pages of a book I haven't read in months. And the full weight of what's been lost comes crashing down on me. That's where it hurts the most. But this isn't regret.

This isn't regret,

because we had reasons for ending it, and they're as valid as ever. But back at the start, we didn't need reasons for anything. It all just happened. We didn't have common interests, or similar goals. We didn't even really get along that well. But one thing I know, we didn't need a reason to fall in love. We just did.

The reasons came at the end, and everything that's happened since has been all about reasons.

Reasons you being so cold to me.
Reasons why we never talked about the problems.
Reasons you decided to give up.
Reasons you being so heartless.
Reasons for you to leave a heartbroken girlfriend, ok ex-girlfriend, outside your house. For hours.
Reasons, reasons and reasons.

And that's good, I'm not saying it's bad.

It means one day I might find someone I won't have to say goodbye to.

But a part of me misses just loving someone, and knowing that they love you back, and that's all. It's not about you anymore.

I guess what I'm saying is, I hope things are good with you. I hope everything is great. I hope you found a love (or already did before the break up) that's all the things ours couldn't be. And I hope I find that too.

But a small part of me hope that you still remember what it was like before all the reasons...

... and that you miss me, too.

Okay. Enough of being so nice. I want my sexy polaroid pictures back, dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment