Friday, July 12, 2013

Hong Kong 2013 - Of Sourcing and Shopping (Day 1)

Just incase you don't know, I work with a distributor company in Kuala Lumpur. Of many big fashion brands that we have been carrying over the past 20 years, BRC (which is an acronym for Boardriding Company) is now venturing into many new industries including F&B.

I was lucky to be able to travel with my fellow colleagues to Hong Kong for a trade fair. Bear in mind we went to Hong Kong with one objective: to source for interesting products for one of the fashion brands we carry.


I wasn't that excited at first, simply because I was in Hong Kong for 11 days just 3 months before this mini business trip. But little did I realize that I actually find it excitement in taking selfie pics next to  my dying colleagues (sorry Su). I was so ready for HK. It was my birthday the night before and I had enough sleep. Whee, not. Isn't it obvious that I had a dull birthday?


Upon arrival at the airport's baggage claim, my colleagues and I discovered a freaking blower. Though it was freezing cold but we wanted to take "super model hair blowing" photos before we leave. I don't know why the blower didn't work for my hair but it sure did blew something else off :P 

Anyway, we took a cab straight to some warehouse area, forgot the district name, but we found food!


I think this cafe/fastfoodchain is called LMX. I got this set that comes with iced milk tea that only cost HKD38. Not too bad, people. The duck rice is REALLY good! We didn't spend much time in the cafe because... it's shopping time!


To be exact, it's sourcing time! This is the place where we source for top notch accessories, designed by French Designers. Please don't be fooled by the pictures here. There were MORE designs, styles, and taste. These are the ones I personally like and I think it's nice.




We headed straight to our hotel and checked in our baggages after the sourcing adventure. Stayed in L'Hotel at Causeway Bay. I think it was fairly good. Let me tell you why.

Cleanliness★ ★       ☆
For a tiny hotel room, and rather old, I find it rather pleasing to see that every corner of the room is clean. For someone like me that suffers from chronic sinusitis, I enjoyed staying in this room because it's dust-free with clean sheets.

Sleep Quality★   ☆  ☆ ☆ ☆ 
Clean sheets, however, the bed is so HARD. Maybe for others they'll find it comfortable.

Location★ ★        
Located right infront of Tin Hau MRT Station and some Bus hub. What do you think?

Services★  ★  ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 
Should be the Hongkies, poor communication skills and most of them are rude. Also, they do not have Wi-Fi access in the rooms but only in the lobby.

Value★ ★  ★  ☆ ☆ ☆ 
I think its fairly alright. 



Took a good one hour rest before we headed out again. This time, for good food. The whole dinner for 7 adults cost us HKD3,000+






And after dinner, I brought my colleagues to the nearest Sasa and we all bought so many things I redeemed some freebies almost instantly on my FIRST night in Hong Kong. 

There, end of Day 1. Stay tune. Day 2 and 3 coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment